Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet {Authentique}

{As seen today on the Authentique Paper blog}


For today's card I wanted to challenge myself to create using a mix of the patterned papers from Authentique Paper's Splendid 6x6 Bundle.
{The only cardstock here is the card base which has been fully covered on the front.}

I am not typically a pattern mixer - when I was younger I fully believed that one should never wear stripes with plaids...and don't even think about bringing polka dots and florals into the mix!


Having three small children (that choose their own outfits) has taught me that some days (or maybe even every day) you just might want to mix it up.
Who needs to match, anyway?
(I know my kids certainly don't believe in it.)

So...I've taken all my former beliefs and have thrown them out the window in order to create this card today.

I added the sentiment using the Petite Type Circle alphas and finished it off with some little doodles.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Authentique (Splendid 6x6 Bundle);
Stickers: Authentique (Splendid Petite Type Circle);
Ribbon: (Ric rac);
Dies: Spellbinders (Labels Seventeen);
Pen: Sakura (Pigma Micron 05 - Brown);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);

No comments: