Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Paint The Town Challenge {Market Street Stamps}

It's time for another Paint the Town challenge at Market Street Stamps!


Now...let me just say that color challenges are always a struggle for me...but I almost always love how they turn out! This is a color palette I don't think I ever would have put together on my own...but it works so well!


If you have trouble with color challenges I thought I would share my process with you:
First, I go through my patterned paper scraps and 6x6 pads to find some patterns that will go with the color scheme (and work well together).
Next, I head to my cardstocks and find a nice cardstock base within the palette.
I usually have a light-colored cardstock reserved for stamping...but don't be afraid to stamp on light patterned papers as I've done here.
Finally, I pick a few embellishments that will coordinate with or support the color palette and add them into the mix and assemble the card.


Be sure to head on over to the Market Street Stamps blog today to see inspiration from the Design Team and get in on the challenge!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill (Ash);
Patterned Paper: Lily Bee (This & That - 6x6); My Minds's Eye (Stella & Rose: Gertie - 6x6);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Comforting Florals);
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black);
Ribbon: Hug Snug (Seam Binding - Chalk White);
Other: (Ribbon Slide);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);


2 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--LOVE that gem on the ribbon!

Samantha Casey said...

Cute Card! Love the clean style!
-Sam