Friday, January 9, 2015

Book Review :: Give Thanks to The LORD by Karma Wilson, illustrated by Amy June Bates

Give Thanks to the LORD is a new children's picture book celebrating thankfulness (& the Thanksgiving holiday), inspired by Psalm 92.

Although the cover says "celebrating Psalm 92", Give Thanks to the LORD does not cover the full Psalm (more like the first 4 verses, only vaguely covering verses 2-4). It does not have the full text of the Psalm in print, only verse 1.

With that being said, however, the book has a great theme throughout of thanking God for friends, family, weather, nature, food, drinks, fun, and more food.

The illustrations in Give Thanks to the LORD by Amy June Bates are big, warm, and interesting. They have a "sketch" quality to them, as you can see from the cover image.

Give Thanks to the LORD has charming words, large illustrated pages, and a fantastic theme. I think it is a great book to read with young ones.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after looking at some of the articles I realized
it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely pleased I found it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!


Feel free to surf to my website ... home designs ideas ()