Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Book Review :: Only God Can Make A Kitten by Rhonda Gowler Greene, illustrations by Laura J. Bryant

Only God Can Make A Kitten is a new book written by Rhonda Gowler Greene and illustrated by Laura J. Bryant. (I have reviewed other books by Rhonda Gowler Greene in the past, and this one is by far my favorite of hers that I have read.)

The story is written in rhyme and follows a mother and her children as they discover a variety of things that remind them that God is the creator. (This is not a story about kittens, but is more generally about what "only God can make".)
The illustrations are nicely done and in a soft color palette - a good accompaniment to the story. (I personally prefer the interior illustrations over the cover image.) 

I love the concept of this story and think this is a fantastic reminder for all of us to look around at all the amazing things that God has created. I look forward to reading Only God Can Make A Kitten with my children many more times. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: