Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Book Review :: Thankful by Eileen Spinelli, illustrated by Archie Preston

Thankful is a sweet children's picture book, written by Eileen Spinelli and illustrated by Archie Preston. 

Throughout Thankful, the idea of thankfulness is paired with what a particular person in a career (or hobby) might be specifically thankful for. (For example: a doctor is thankful for patients who are well.) I thought this was a sweet way to talk about the idea of thankfulness and make it personal. With the ending of the book (sorry, spoiler alert!) it says "I'm ever, so thankful...for you!" - so this would make a perfect book to give as a gift. 
The illustrations in Thankful are cute and a little bit quirky. It reminds us of the illustration style of Quentin Blake, which our family loves. The illustrations seem to follow a brother and sister (pictured on the cover) as they "act out" the different vocations that are talked about in the text. The illustrations brought giggles out of my 6 year old, who read this book to me.

All in all, I think that  is a fantastic book to share with the little ones around you.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: