Sunday, November 8, 2015

Handmade Holidays - Stamped Monogram Napkins


With four kids, let's face it...I don't have a lot of time to get my craft on. Quick and easy handmade gifts are right up my alley, and recently I have really enjoyed giving hand stamped cloth napkins. These are perfect for hostess gifts, neighbor gifts, gift exchanges, gifts for your child's teacher...

The process is fairly simple - start with plain cloth napkins. (I prefer cotton napkins.)
You will want to make sure that you are using a permanent, fabric safe ink - you don't want your work to wash away with the crumbs! Then just ink up your stamp(s) and stamp straight onto the napkins and heat set.
For this set I went with a monogram, but any stamp will do. 
Once you've got your ink heat set, it's time to get it "wrapped". I prefer to keep my hand stamped napkins the star of the show, so I simply tie up a bundle of stamped napkins with some of The Twinery's twine. (I used Solid Charcoal for this set.)
Since I already had my stamps on my block, I went ahead and created a quick coordinating tag - this gives you a small space for a quick note to the recipient.
Easy, peasy, and ready to go!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: 
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Charcoal); 
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Liz Hicks Alpha, Blossoming Thoughts & Wishes - March 2015 Sentiment Kit);
Ink: Ranger (Archival - Jet Black);

4 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

Beautiful and not too time consuming. A perfect crafty gift for the busiest holidays.

Renee Townsend said...

This is an awesome idea! And not just for Christmas! I think it would make a wonderful hostess gift or wedding gift or even bridal shower gift. Thanks for a great idea Tiffany!

Sue D said...

I like quick and easy--thanks!

Dana Tatar said...

Fantastic gift idea! Thanks for the inspiration! :)